[Tagging] Synonymous values in the shop key

Matthijs Melissen info at matthijsmelissen.nl
Wed Jul 30 21:01:45 UTC 2014

On 30 July 2014 19:42, Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniecz at gmail.com> wrote:

> shop=fish, shop=fishmonger and shop=seafood are not synonyms as fish may
> also apply to pet fish and seafood is not covering freshwater fish
> shop=winery, shop=wine ("shop=wine is a wine seller, where shop=winery is
> a winer maker selling his own production")
> shop=delicatessen, shop=deli I am not understanding difference but there
> is some

To be more precise, there is no consensus that they are synonyms. There
might still be a strong majority that considers them synonyms (we don't
know), but rightfully you focus on the tags for which there is consensus
for now.

> There were no objections to following changes:
> shop=jewellery (139) -> shop=jewelry (13299, documented)
> shop=bags (201) -> shop=bag (409, documented)
> shop=antique (110) -> shop=antiques (1394, documented)
> shop=pets (162) -> shop=pet (5393, documented)
> shop=pharmacy (1591) -> amenity=pharmacy (115759, documented)
> shop=ice_cream (710, documented but difference between using amenity and
> shop keys is not documented) -> amenity=ice_cream (4053)

Are you planning to make these changes yourself? Here you can find how I
did the shop=musical_instruments to shop=musical_instrument change.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mechanical_Edits/Math1985/Musical_instrument

-- Matthijs