[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Tag:leisure=gym

Andreas Goss andig88 at t-online.de
Thu Jul 31 06:21:03 UTC 2014

I just got the impression that native speakers didn't like the term
fitness centre. But if the term is alright than I happily create a
proposal for leisure=fitness_centre instead, which is a tag I actually
used myself and from a German perspective is perfect ;)

leisure in my opinion is the only logical key, considering we are
already using it for sports_centre, fitness_station and pitch and also
fits into the leisure description "The leisure tag is for places people
go in their spare time."

sport isn't up to discussion anyway as it is a non-physical tag (btw.
there is also some fun coming from there (e.g. sport=cricket_nets or how
shooting and scuba diving is used). If at all it's
leisure=sports_centre+sport=fitness, which I think is bad.