[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Tag:leisure=gym

Andreas Goss andig88 at t-online.de
Thu Jul 31 11:23:24 UTC 2014

I don't see a clear winner at all:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Fitness_centre

Just as many people try to map it with some variation of
*=fitness_centre/er or *=gym.

sport=fitness on its own can't win, because sport=* is a non-physical
Key. And as I wrote on the talk page I don't think leisure=sports_centre
+ sport=fitness only applies to what we understand as health
club/gym/fitness centre, but can just as much cover certain sports clubs.