[Tagging] [OpenStreetMap] #5163: paths and tracks rendering indistinguishable: your opinion?

André Pirard A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 22:21:15 UTC 2014

On 2014-05-19 18:12, André Pirard wrote :
> This is about OSM ticket  https://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/5163
> (obsolete):
>> The rendering of highway=path and highway=track is barely
>> distinguishable.
In summary, I don't know how many of you appreciate to tag with this
result where no tractor or motorbike driver will know which way they can
go and where pedestrians will not know where they will quietly walk
without meeting drivers...

https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/7649889/3034733/29cb8478-e07a-11e3-9366-2b852da13889.jpg

... instead of this looking more like a professional Geographic
Institute map, I have explained that ...

stockis osm new
<https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/7649889/3035288/496a45ee-e089-11e3-94c9-71745d7ca5a2.png>

in detail here
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/547  without
being handicapped with file size limits.
Especially comparison with IGN.

Their first reply below: "Any opinions?", encouraging replies.

If you have any feelings or ideas about it, including helping Little Red
Riding and Robin Hood, you know the address (github, not trac).