[Tagging] RFC: Door Values

Michael Maier Michael.Maier at student.tugraz.at
Tue Jun 17 13:12:49 UTC 2014

On 17/06/14 14:28, Pieren wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 1:44 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer
> <dieterdreist at gmail.com <mailto:dieterdreist at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     My suggestion therefor is to be more explicit with the key
>     identifiers, e.g.
>     * door_type (or door:type) for hinged / sliding / revolving / ...
>     (still this is somehow ambiguous, because "type" might also be
>     interpreted as "glass door", "wooden door", ...)
>

> -1
> where is the difference between door=* and door_type=* ? very confusing
> for newcomers.

+1 that was my intention: a simple key for the model of a door.

> I would prefer a "door=yes/hinged/sliding/..." + "automatic=yes" or
> "manual=yes" (saying default is manual)

What does the list think about an additional proposal for each door
attribute? Or trying to squeeze every imaginable attribute into one
proposal?

> 'not sure about door=opening means...

Seems to be used on two (!) locations worldwide as a tag for an indoor door.
http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/3LO

> Pieren

Thanks for your opinion,
Michael