[Tagging] Signal-controlled roundabouts

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Tue Jun 17 21:42:41 UTC 2014

Wonder if we're talking regional differences.  The south of France is known
to follow the Vienna Convention on Traffic (traffic in the circle yields to
traffic entering from the right), and the US and Canada make no signage
differences between a roundabout and a traffic circle.  For navigation
purposes, they're functionally identical contexts, as to who has the right
of way, I believe that should be best clarified by strategically placed
nodes or relations for traffic signals, stop or give way.