[Tagging] Fireplace, Fire Pit, BBQ Grill

Brad Neuhauser brad.neuhauser at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 14:22:02 UTC 2014

I would agree with Martin and disagree with John there. I guess I have a
broader definition of fire pit/ring as something that exists mainly to
contain a fire on the ground, and which may or may not be used for cooking.
I'd call the Grillplatz image a fire pit or ring. A "fire ring" could just
be a ring of rocks on the ground. Portable metal "fire pits" are even
commonly sold in the US for backyard use. (ie
www.homedepot.com/b/Outdoors-Outdoor-Heating-Fire-Pits/N-5yc1vZc6na)

This is typical of fire rings you'll find at many campsites in the US:
http://albanyeatsblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/p1000817.jpg

Regarding BBQ grill, the most common type of public grills in the US
(especially in parks) are metal structures on sunken posts, like the
examples here https://www.google.com/search?q=park+grill&tbm=isch

Brad