[Tagging] Tagging Digest, Vol 57, Issue 53

Jack Burke jack.burke at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 25 03:56:47 UTC 2014

I would describe the difference between the two as:

A locker is a medium or large size (permanently or semi-permanently) fixed place to safeguard items.

A lockbox is a small, portable, lockable place to protect items from casual observation.

In literature, I think the word lockbox is more often used to describe a small locking box where women place mementos they don't want others to see, but offer no real safeguard against theft, whereas a locker is more secure, even against low-level thieves, although a good thief would still be able to break in.  But maybe that understanding comes from reading too much Sherlock Holmes.

--jack

Message: 6