[Tagging] Vending: Cards for Prepaid mobile phone

phil at trigpoint.me.uk phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Sat Jun 28 08:35:45 UTC 2014

I agree with Martin,  we should avoid the detail of how the topup is applied and would go for the British term topup, rather than credit.  Credit has implications of borrowing money.

Shops and filling stations will sell topups for other things, as well as mobile phones,  such as gas and electricity. Mobile phone topups can often be bought from ATMs too. Not 100%  sure,  but I may have already tagged this.

I would propose that we use the following tags on shops/filling stations /ATMs and other places I haven't thought of.

topup =mobile_phone
tooup=gas
topup=electric

Phil (trigpoint)

On Fri Jun 27 2014 19:43:34 GMT+0100 (BST), Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:

> > Am 27/giu/2014 um 20:20 schrieb Andreas Goss <andig88 at t-online.de>:
> >
> > in a retail store by purchasing a "top-up" or "refill" card at retail. These cards are stamped with a unique code (often under a scratch-off panel) which must be entered into the phone in order to add the credit onto the balance.
>

> I probably wouldn't focus on the material details which may vary from country to country and rather then "card" or "voucher" would opt for "credit", eg in Italy there are dedicated machines that print the code on the fly.
>
> cheers,
> Martin

Sent from my Jolla