[Tagging] Subsequent wikipedia links

John Packer john.packer7 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 00:55:15 UTC 2014

Hi,

I was the one that changed wikipedia:2 to wikipedia:operator, after
concluding it was really the operator, so that one should not be a problem.
I used wikipedia:operator instead of operator:wikipedia because the former
is used way more often, but I was aware it conflicts with the language
version and was going to talk about it in this mailing list someday (I
completely agree with the latter option).

I changed the key wikipedia:2 in the second example to wikipedia:en
thinking of backward compatibility, but perhaps it could be mapped in a
different way with the help of a local mapper (to distinguish *exactly*
what each wikipedia page points to).

I think part of the confusion comes from the wiki page of the key
wikipedia=*, which still states the original (proposed) meaning with things
like "A link from St Paul's cathedral in London to an article about St
Pauls is fine.", which obviously is not the meaning people expect it to
have nowadays.