[Tagging] Subsequent wikipedia links

Andreas Goss andig88 at t-online.de
Mon Jun 30 09:34:02 UTC 2014

> but I was aware it conflicts with the language version

The best solution would be to just use Wikidata. If editors supported
that, then they could also always show the titel of the Wikidata tag to
avoid errors.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Wikidata

> I think part of the confusion comes from the wiki page of the key
> wikipedia=*, which still states the original (proposed) meaning with
> things like "A link from St Paul's cathedral in London to an article
> about St Pauls is fine.", which obviously is not the meaning people
> expect it to have nowadays.

Which could also be solved by having tags for that.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Wikidata