[Tagging] Hot springs

Peter Wendorff wendorff at uni-paderborn.de
Wed Mar 5 10:01:50 UTC 2014

Hi Richard,
Aren't volcanos exactly what geothermal refers to, only near or at the
surface instead of deep down in the earth?
IMHO geothermal refers to "using the thermal energy (aka heat) of the
earth", which of course in general is higher if you go deeper down, but
the temperature per depth is variable, and at a volcano you just get
high temperature even in low depths, but that's all.

regards
Peter