[Tagging] leisure=events

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 19:30:02 UTC 2014

> I am still struggling a bit about the key that should be used with the
> "events" value. Should I keep "leisure", as it is now, or change it to
> landuse? What are your opinions on this, please?

IMHO there could be a landuse, but landuses hardly is satisfying for a
specific object like that of a place dedicated (and equipped) for holding
events. leisure is generally used for physical objects, mainly related to
sports, like a swimming pool or a soccer or tennis pitch, or also a stadium.

I keep insisting that "events" is not a good choice as it is not
self-explaining, and it is not a description of the place itself but of
what takes place there. It would be like tagging a church with "worship"
instead of "place of worship".

cheers,
Martin