[Tagging] layer=-1, rivers, bridges and tunnels

Fernando Trebien fernando.trebien at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 16:19:46 UTC 2014

I think that adding "layer" to every bridge instead of the river alone
is a wasteful and inefficient approach (takes more time and uses more
database space). IMHO these are much more objective arguments than
simply calling something you disagree with "laziness".

What's wrong with "removing layer=-1" in these cases: it may actually
be semantically correct (as it is in my city: Porto Alegre). All
bridges have been mapped with layer=0 and the river beneath them with
layer=-1. Not a single bridge is missing. (This was checked before
adding the layer tags.)