[Tagging] Landuse=civic_admin

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Sat Mar 15 16:53:16 UTC 2014

Civil administration is surely hardly a land use. A council office is no
different to any other office. I suggest looking at planning zones and
their designations as a reference. Typically classifications like
residential, retail, commercial, industrial and agricultural are seen,
and changing the use of a parcel of land from one classification to
another is a serious process which doesn't happen very frequently (in
the big scheme of things). I don't expect so see the local plans define
a particular plot as "civil administration" as the specific land use
will be covered by one of the other classifications. The council can't
just knock down a council office building or a courthouse and replace it
with a highways yard in the middle of a city centre because they are all
the same "land use".

Colin