[Tagging] surface=ground/dirt/earth

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 15:03:04 UTC 2014

> Am 16/mar/2014 um 22:07 schrieb Fernando Trebien <fernando.trebien at gmail.com>:
>
> One question: do you think that an almost flat natural rock path
> should be tracktype=grade1 (because it's closer to "compacted") or
> tracktype=grade5 (because it's not "constructed")?

I think this depends how even/smooth it is, grade1 is not very
probable in my experience (at least I haven't met this yet), given
that tracktype is somehow an "overall" rating of a track, representing
the "subjective" idea of the mapper how well you might pass with
different vehicles and under different weather conditions, I'd make
the tracktype in the case of bedrock dependent on the smoothness. 1 or
2 if you can pass with your bike, 3 if you can pass with a bike under
difficulties and 4 and 5 for almost or unpassable tracks.

cheers,
Martin