[Tagging] [osm_sk] Re: Aktualizace: Tags for Czech/Slovak address system

"Petr Morávek [Xificurk]" petr at pada.cz
Tue Mar 18 19:24:12 UTC 2014

Dne 18.3.2014 19:49, Martin Koppenhoefer napsal(a):

> <mailto:petr at pada.cz>>:
>
>     > addr:place is wrong as its meaning is twisted using it this way.
>
>     Is it? In what way exactly?
>

> addr:place should be used instead of addr:street when the address has no
> street-name in it but uses the name of the place instead. This occurs
> sometimes in small settlements in Germany for instance.
>
> cheers,
> Martin

Alright, in Czech Republic this happens a lot more often - roughly half
of all the address points doesn't have a street name.

I don't see anything wrong with using addr:place even on the address
points that do have street name.

Let me ask you this: When a municipality ("obec") decides to officially
introduce the names for streets (yes, this happens - not often, but it's
not rare either), how should we reflect this fact in OSM data?
Obviously, we add name tags to ways and addr:streetname to address
points. Should we completely remove addr:place or move its content to
another tag? Why? The administrative entity ("část obce") still exists,
nothing about it has changed. The old address still works, it's just not
the preferred way of writing it.

Best regards,
Petr Morávek aka Xificurk