[Tagging] [Imports] [osm_sk] Re: Aktualizace: Tags for Czech/Slovak address system

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 15:48:30 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 10:41 AM, "Petr Morávek [Xificurk]" <petr at pada.cz>wrote:

> This discussion can be constructive, if and only if the participants
> understand at least the basic terms that are used in CR subdivision and
> address system. If you (or anyone else) is not clear on something, then
> ask a specific question and I (we) will do our best to clarify the
> matter. But I refuse to repeat over and over something that was already
> explained and people only ignore it and go on with their rant.

<moderator-hat>
Instead of an inflammatory response like this, if you know that the reader
is having a hard time understanding your situation you should work on
describing it better. We're all reaching for the same goal here, no reason
to get snarky or negative.
</moderator-hat>

Also, please note that while your local area might have agreed to a tagging
scheme, the data you propose to add must fit within a global dataset. Some
of the tags might not make sense on a local scale, but we run a global
dataset and the tags should make sense for users who are trying to use the
entire thing *and* those who might try to use the data from your local
area.