[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - use_sideway (was bicycle=use_cycleway)

Pee Wee piewie32 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 07:26:57 UTC 2014

We followed Pieren's advice on the Talk
page<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Proposed_features/use_sideway>and
made the proposal
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/use_sideway>much
shorter.  This focuses on making clear what the proposal is and not so much
on our arguments. For those that are interested in our arguments we've made
a   sub page<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/use_sideway_arguments>
including our comment on last proposal. Hope this helps.

With regard to Matthijs his question I can say that in yesterday's
newspaper (algemeen dagblad)  I read that NL has 35.000 KM of cycleways.

Not sure why Matthijs qoute's the "no backward compatibility to the
existing bicycle=no (in e.g. NL)" .  We've commented on that in the
proposal (which has moved to the subpage)

Cheers

PeeWee32

Verbeter de wereld. Word mapper voor Openstreetmap<http://www.openstreetmap.org>
.