[Tagging] admin_level on nodes: wiki vs practice

Ilya Zverev zverik at textual.ru
Tue May 13 12:27:06 UTC 2014

Sorry, two facts that I forgot to check before sending the last mail.

1. There are 63762 place nodes with an admin_level in the database,
and ~330k other nodes with this tag. I guess it's too late to forbid
using the tag on nodes.

2. It's Berlin that was edited, not London:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/22279835

Also, if we can remove a meaningful node just because it duplicates
(and aggregates, but whatever) some other node in some other object
after a small discussion among 10 people, does that mean that tags
that have even less meaning considering data is usually loaded in a
spatial database (like addr:city) can be removed on spot?

IZ