[Tagging] capital and state_capital: how are they being used in your country?

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Thu May 15 11:09:50 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 11:31 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

> btw.: The current definition for administrative relations says that
> admin_centre should be used one or no time in the relation, but what if
> there is more than one admin_centre, e.g. entities where the administration
> is split over 2 (or maybe more) places? My suggestion would be to change
> this part of the relation definition in order to allow special cases:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relation:boundary

Why not. But the definition shall be clear : it's only the
administrative(s) centre(s) "place(s)" to be linked. The risk if we
don't specify a limit is that contributors will use it to link "all"
places within the boundary (making a substitute of the infamous
"is_in" tag).

Pieren