[Tagging] [OSM-talk] boules=petanque vs. type=petanque

Jean-Marc Liotier jm at liotier.org
Thu May 15 16:14:45 UTC 2014

> but I wouldn't add boules=bowls to this list because it seems quite
> different (e.g. the pitch is grass and not sand or gravel). Instead
> sport=bowls is perfectly valid and used twice as much as all kinds of
> boules together.

Sound reasonable to me - I'll leave sport=bowls alone.

Pretty much everyone has agreed that the type=* is being abused and that
chaining sport=boules;boules=petanque is cleaner so I'm going to correct
the 718 occurrences of sport=boules;type=petanque into
sport=boules;boules=petanque.

I might also do it for sport=boules;type=bocce which would become
sport=boules;boules=bocce.

There are 1093 occurrences of sport=boules;type=* :
http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/3oF