[Tagging] Large, multilane road tagging question

Andrew Guertin andrew.guertin at uvm.edu
Fri May 16 12:13:28 UTC 2014

On 05/15/2014 10:56 AM, fly wrote:
> The problem is that if you do reply on a different subject even if
> changing the content it is still a reply and will be sorted below the
> message you reply to. This way it can be easily overlooked.
>
> If you want to open a new subject/thread, please send a new message and
> not a reply.

For example, after getting partway through the thread "Re: [Tagging]
[OSM-talk] boules=petanque vs. type=petanque", I decided that I didn't
care to read the rest of it. I told my email client to mark all messages
in that thread as already read. Since your (John) message was originally
sent as a reply to that thread, it was *also* marked as read. I nearly
missed seeing it at all.

--Andrew