[Tagging] [OpenStreetMap] #5163: paths and tracks rendering indistinguishable: your opinion?

SomeoneElse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk
Mon May 19 16:35:08 UTC 2014

André Pirard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is about OSM ticket https://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/5163:
>> The rendering of highway=path and highway=track is barely
>> distinguishable.

Just my 2p, but personally I don't think that the rendering of
highway=track and highway=path on the standard map are "barely
distinguishable".  Arguably (very much IMHO) there's too much
differentiation of different sorts of tracks, paths, footways,
bridleways, and cycleways rather than too little.

If you feel strongly about it why not knock up a rendering with more
differentiation between track and path and invite people to compare with
the current standard map?

Cheers,

Andy