[Tagging] highway=track access

bulwersator bulwersator at zoho.com
Mon May 19 18:23:00 UTC 2014

In Poland all road types are assumed to imply access=yes (at least in my experience).

---- On Mon, 19 May 2014 11:05:30 -0700 Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemeD.net> wrote ----

Hi all,

There are almost 8m highway=track objects in the database (thanks
taginfo!), third only to =residential and =service (thanks TIGER!).

I'm interested to know what level of access people believe this implies
in their home countries.

Here in the UK, for example, highway=track is often used for private
farm tracks, so you can't safely route over it unless access tags have
been added. But evidently that's not always the case elsewhere.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_tags_for_routing/Access-Restrictions
has suggestions for a few countries, but is missing some pretty major
ones, such as the US and the Netherlands.

cheers
Richard