[Tagging] Turn lane tagging

Tod Fitch tod at fitchdesign.com
Mon May 19 19:34:56 UTC 2014

None of the area I am in has had turn lanes tagged per http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:turn#Turning_indications_per_lane or destinations set per http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:destination:lanes#Destinations_per_lane

When I start doing new tagging, I like to find existing tools that display and/or check the tagging to see if I am doing the "new to me" tagging properly. But I haven't found a map that renders lanes or even width of way based on lane count much less turn lanes. Nor have I found a tool like those at the ITO site to check such tagging.

The turn lane plug-in for JOSM seems to be the only thing that will render and to a certain extent validate the tagging. But I'd like a bit more feedback that I am doing things correctly.

Can someone point me to a tool or renderer that checks/displays things like lane count, turn lanes, etc.?

For what it is worth, I've attempted to tag the intersections at http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/37.42584/-122.19230 and http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/37.42432/-122.19177 per the wiki but don't know if I've done it correctly.

Thanks!
-Tod