[Tagging] shop: area or way?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun May 25 10:52:48 UTC 2014

> Am 25/mag/2014 um 09:08 schrieb Markus Semm <msemm at enaikoon.de>:
>
> What is your idea how we could fix this issue?

get rid of the "valid on" phrasing, it could be "commonly used on" instead

Personally I have never cared, I tag to the object that makes most sense to me. It is not even 100% clear in many cases (exception are mp relations and closed ways tagged with area=*) whether sth is an area or a linear closed way (or sometimes both if mapped lazily).

FWIW, a shop in reality will always be an area and never a point or a polyline

cheers,
Martin