[Tagging] noexit=yes (again)

Nelson A. de Oliveira naoliv at gmail.com
Fri May 30 16:32:49 UTC 2014

(Please, don't make a voodoo doll of me because I am bringing this
discussion back.)

We had a long discussion in
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2014-April/017247.html
and now I saw in the English wiki
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:noexit this:

"Use the noexit=yes tag on a way to indicate that the way is leading
to a dead end."

I really don't remember having a consensus about this (and thus this
info shouldn't be in the wiki).
This will cause having a lot of unneeded noexit=yes tags in every
highway that leads to nowhere, while it should be used only on the
node to describe a non-obvious dead end (where it ends near another
highway, for example).

Something that has no consensus should not be available in the wiki.