[Tagging] highway=track access

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Fri May 30 22:16:31 UTC 2014

Well highway=byway is a very UK specific thing so global renders and
routing won't pick it up. Its also not a legal thing in itself. The council
can provide the actual status. Where are these?

Also there is the suspected:designation=* tag if you're not sure.

On 30 May 2014 08:28, "Dave F." <davefox at madasafish.com> wrote:

On 21/05/2014 23:28, Rob Nickerson wrote:

> >Going slightly off topic, I notice the UK listing...
Hi Rob

I believe byway shouldn't be deprecated. In my area most of them are signed
as just 'byway' on the ground. There is no indication of their legal status
(BOATs etc), & AFAIA, there is no non copyrighted source for these. I think
many that have been tagged with designation=* have been sourced from OS
data.

Cheers
Dave F.

---