[Tagging] sub key for cycle ways

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Sun Nov 2 01:17:25 UTC 2014

On Sat, Nov 1, 2014 at 4:34 PM, Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniecz at gmail.com>
wrote:

> "2. the cases where the bike lane is in the middle of the road is
> limited" - bicycle lane in
> the middle is standard before advanced stop line (to be on the left side
> of right-turn) -
> at least in Poland

Not unheard of to common in the US, depending on region, for the same
reasons.  You don't want through traffic right of a continuous turnlane or
turn pocket.

> "3. “cycleway=track” would look funny using that scheme" - cycleway=track
> is anyway
> not compatible with detailed tagging

 I'd argue that tracks are probably a distinct roadway anyway, given that
they're bollard or curb separated and lane changes to the adjacent roadway
is illegal.