[Tagging] governmental / public_administrative landuse are not commercial

johnw johnw at mac.com
Mon Nov 3 23:40:34 UTC 2014

and the line between public and private is not one OSM singles out very much (is is a public school vs a private school?), but things are separated by function. and the functions are of a civic government (pnsion offices, taxes, judicial, etc). I would use the word "public" or “government” but civil (opoopsite of military or company use) is a good fit, and civic is basically “for civil”, so it works well enough - and matches a pre-existing approved building subtag.

Javbw