[Tagging] Pathways with steep vertical slopes, accessed via climbing chains

johnw johnw at mac.com
Tue Nov 4 10:54:46 UTC 2014

Thanks Alberto, Mike & Martin for the suggestions. I was a avid hiker in the US, but this was the first time for me to encounter such assistance devices myself. never knew their collective name until now.

Dan -  I understand about “tagging for the renderer” , but what you personally consider your “creation” when you are working affects your motivation. Some people here are tagging to make a complete dataset of tags, some are tagging for making a good looking map via OSM’s renderer in -carto, and some are using the dataset for their own project.

Personally, I want the -carto map to be the best it can be, so I consider that my output. I try to give useful input in -carto and here, so I’d like it tagged correctly and rendered in a nice manner. however they both get done.