[Tagging] governmental / public_administrative landuse are not commercial

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 10:21:26 UTC 2014

> To me, governmental is more legislative.

governments are typically divided into a legislative and an executive
branch, plus the judiciary to control them.

> Civic implies for the citizens.  Perhaps it's just a style choice, but
> it's my preference, and goes well with the existing approved building=civic.

building=civic is a very raw tag, that IMHO is a step back to what we have
(e.g. building=townhall) and is merely a synonymon for the equally generic
and inclusive (hence carrying few information) tag
building=public(_building).

cheers,
Martin