[Tagging] hitch rack for horses

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 22:48:28 UTC 2014

On 8/11/2014 7:27 PM, tagging-request at openstreetmap.org wrote:
> Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 17:14:45 -0700
> From: Mike Thompson <miketho16 at gmail.com>
> To: "Tag discussion, strategy and related tools"
> 	<tagging at openstreetmap.org>
> Subject: [Tagging] hitch rack for horses
>
> How should one tag a hitch rack?  This is a place to tie horses.  For
> example, at a location where a rider may want to dismount and continue
> on foot because the way ahead is not suitable for horses. I searched
> the wiki, but didn't find a suitable tag.
>
> Mike

Many 'horse features' are not (yet) avalible in OSM tagging.
I'm a bicyclist.. we have bicycle parking, bicyle shop ...
I'd like to 'see' horse 'parking' (that would cover all kinds post and
rail etc) and umm equestrian? shop (produce shop would do for feed, but
then you want saddles etc so 'equestrian'?) ... and horse drinking
trough. Any others? May as well address them all while your at it.