[Tagging] Rooftop parking -> new parking=rooftop value?

johnw johnw at mac.com
Tue Nov 11 10:23:32 UTC 2014

I was thinking of just.. Um.. drawing an area of the building, with levels=x, layer=1, then drawing the parking lot on top of it (it usually is a bit smaller and less than 100% of the top, elevators and AC and all), and then tagging the parking with Amenity=parking & parking=rooftop / layer=2

Here’s the place I’m tracing/aligning now in OSM. https://www.google.com/maps/@36.3557609,139.1296344,438m/data=!3m1!1e3 <https://www.google.com/maps/@36.3557609,139.1296344,438m/data=!3m1!1e3>

Here’s my local shopping mart. https://www.google.com/maps/@36.4191102,139.2343137,109m/data=!3m1!1e3 <https://www.google.com/maps/@36.4191102,139.2343137,109m/data=!3m1!1e3>

Both are parking only on the roof.  I was just thinking that having them render differently would be necessary, and since they are different than other parking, they might need a new tag