[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Water tap

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 22:44:36 UTC 2014

On 12/11/2014 8:34 PM, tagging-request at openstreetmap.org wrote:
> Message: 5
> Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 09:06:15 +0100
> From: Pieren<pieren3 at gmail.com>
> To: "Tag discussion, strategy and related tools"
> 	<tagging at openstreetmap.org>
> Subject: Re: [Tagging] Tagging Digest, Vol 62, Issue 31
>
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 8:50 AM, Mateusz Konieczny<matkoniecz at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> >No, unknown should be tagged as unknown. Even better - not tagged.
> +1 We don't tag what is unknown. Pierre

'We' know there is water there.That water can be used.

If you can only chose between potable and non-potable, then you should
chose non-potable. Filtering and treating non-potable water makes it
potable .. I do this when in remote areas for my safety, particularly if
I'm uncertain of the quality of the water. In some cases acess to water
can be a life saver - thus it should be mapped no matter what the quality.