[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Water tap

johnw johnw at mac.com
Thu Nov 13 01:52:03 UTC 2014

> First, water quality standards have been tightened over the years so some natural sources of water, which are as good or bad as they've ever been, now fall below revised quality standards. My personal view is those particular sources are still safe for me but liability would keep me from recommending them to others.

Yea, my father drank form them even after the signs sprouted up in Southern Californa parks, as he had been drinking from them since the 50’s.

But with the sierras, with all their horse and mule traffic (over New Army Pass in Cottonwood Lakes)  we boiled everything.

This seems to really require a non-binary solution.

> On Nov 12, 2014, at 10:16 AM, johnw <johnw at mac.com> wrote:

> Now that the tagging structure can handle roads, driveways, tracks and trails with very high levels of detail, the effort to refine the tags for even smaller and more local conditions, along with more detailed tagging of areas is becoming the purview of the tagging groups issues, right?

Just another case proving this true.

Javbw