[Tagging] governmental / public_administrative landuse are not commercial

johnw johnw at mac.com
Tue Nov 18 07:46:31 UTC 2014

> On Nov 17, 2014, at 9:48 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> there will be more people with even more ideas and classification needs. Therefor the foo=bar, bar=x way of subtyping, which implies there is only one kind of subtyping, should generally be deprecated in favor of more verbose subtyping-keys like foo=bar, bar:property=x

Martin - Do you have any suggestion for cleaning up the civic=* subkey I was suggesting for building=civic in this way?

I assume we need a big generic key, and then a many subcategories that fall under that key.

Building=civic
+
civic:legislation=city council ?
civic:administration=motor_vehicles ?

That kind of thing? It would allow for a lot more description with much fewer tags. I was thinking of letting the amenity on the building dictate if it is a city_hall or a DMV, but this seems to be a good chance to follow the key:subkey=subkey_value structure.

I know it isn’t  Building:civic=city_council, Which seems to be what you are advocating (I think), but we have to work within the existing structure for building=X  & X=*  still, right?

Javbw