[Tagging] Various alt_name values?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 12:16:12 UTC 2014

> Either the
> data user forgets to do the split, or he does it when it wasn't the
> mapper's intent, or litteral semincolons in the data get in the way.

Yes, formally introducing the semicolon practise will force data consumers
to look for it, or they will get problems in those cases (not that the
current situation is much different). If we were to implement such a
formalization we will surely cater for encoding of actual semicolons in the
names/values, e.g. by defining a double semicolon as escape (this should
work well, as we won't expect null-values in our value lists, do we?).

cheers,
Martin