[Tagging] Retag: craft=sweep => craft=chimney_sweep

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 08:45:03 UTC 2014

> Apart from my first reaction, do they still exist? The last time I saw a
> chimney sweep was sometime before the moon landing.
>

> The other and more important to OSM is, do they have a physical
> presence? It is the type of trade that works from a van and is contacted
> by phone/maybe email, much like a window cleaner.

I guess this depends on the region. In Germany they are sort of authority
not only for cleaning but for chimney and combustion plant verification and
certification of the installed instances. Typically you will have no
choice, the whole country is divided into sweeping districts with one
sweeper for each district (they've been monopolies by law until 2012), and
you will have to have your stoves and chimneys and boilers and smoke tubes
etc. controlled periodically by "your" sweeper...

cheers,
Martin