[Tagging] Retag: craft=sweep => craft=chimney_sweep

John F. Eldredge john at jfeldredge.com
Sat Oct 4 18:39:19 UTC 2014

Chimney sweeps still exist in the USA, although they offer a variety of services. The usual term for the industry is Heating/Ventilating/Air Conditioning Repair, often abbreviated to HVAC Repair. I had my chimney cleaned a few years ago. The technique used was a powerful, truck-mounted vacuum cleaner, plus a large brush moved up and down the flue. Modern houses no longer use flues large enough to climb into, as they suck nearly all of the heated air up the chimney.

I agree that the value chimney_sweep is more understandable than simply sweep, as the latter could be misinterpreted to refer to companies that sweep up trash from roads and parking lots.