[Tagging] cleanup of the key natural

Malcolm Herring malcolm.herring at btinternet.com
Tue Oct 7 14:49:23 UTC 2014

+1 if it means that the rendering of these features is done according to
whatever is agreed. I have a particular interest in coastal and tidal
riverbank areas. I had tagged some such areas some years ago according
to the Wiki and the rendering was as expected. Since the introduction of
Carto, the rendering rules between coastal and riverbank
wetland/tidalflat sand/mud changed, causing abrupt changes in estuaries,
where sea becomes river at some arbitrary point. Now recently, the zoom
rules between mud and sand/beach have diverged.

In summary, I would like to see a set of tagging rules that produce
predictable & consistent renderings in the map. I am agnostic as to
exactly what these tags should be & will gladly change my mapping to the
new scheme.

I will leave it to others to argue at length over what the tags should be!