[Tagging] man_made=bridge

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Fri Oct 10 18:51:59 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 11:47 AM, Martin Vonwald <imagic.osm at gmail.com>
wrote:

> There is a reason why I have never started a vote for this proposal (and
> some others): in many cases voting simply doesn't work. In my opinion it is
> much better if the community simply votes by tagging - or not tagging.
>
> To tag or not to tag, that is the vote! ;-)

Help me understand how we get to a document tagging standard on the wiki
without voting. Is there a threshold for when a tag become acceptable? I
think I understand that voting is problematic with the low number of votes.
However, I'm not sure waiting until enough people use a tag is practical
either.

We do need documentation on the wiki, for nothing else than it is the
second choice after looking at editors presets.

Clifford

--
@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us