[Tagging] man_made=bridge

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 09:47:02 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 8:51 PM, Clifford Snow <clifford at snowandsnow.us> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 11:47 AM, Martin Vonwald <imagic.osm at gmail.com>
>> To tag or not to tag, that is the vote! ;-)
> Help me understand how we get to a document tagging standard on the wiki
> without voting. Is there a threshold for when a tag become acceptable? I
> think I understand that voting is problematic with the low number of votes.
> However, I'm not sure waiting until enough people use a tag is practical
> either.

The process called "vote" is probably not appropriate. But it is the
best method we have to get a feedback from the community and an
attempt to reach a consensus. If you don't do this, the risk is that
several people suggest different solutions/tags that will later
coexists in the database (which is always a mess to fix). Another one
is that your documentation is not found by the others and never
reused. Or that your tag is used for something else. Or that your
description is too vague and open for wrong interpretation.

Pieren