[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - relation type=person

Martin Vonwald imagic.osm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 09:12:56 UTC 2014

Just a quick note:

> If I find personal data on my own family in OSM, I will
> delete them immediatly without any permission.

I guess you wanted to write "asking anyone for permission" instead of
"permission". You don't have to ask for permission, because you simply do
not need one! This is something we should keep in mind every time someone
wants to add personal data.

For dead people it might be somehow "ok" (although I myself would never do
that), but for living people it is a complete No-go and - depending on the
data - will be illegal in many countries.

My two cents:
* Data that might be ok: name of the architect of a building, name of
someone famous on his/her house of birth (if it is written on the
building), ...
* Data that is never ok: about living, ordinary people - never.

Best regards,
Martin