[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Water tap

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 13:09:13 UTC 2014

> I use
> amenity=drinking_water + drinkable=no

I agree with your own judgement that this is nonesense ;-)
IMHO we shouldn't tag like this.

This is not really comparable to entrance=exit (as any exit physically
might be used as an entrance as well, while drinking water is about water
that is drinkable (implying more than once)).

Also agree with Tobias, a water_tap would better fit into amenity.

Frankly, I believe water_tap is too generic given that we already have
established amenity=drinking_water for water taps that do emit drinking
water. At this point if you don't want to create conflicts with existing
tagging scheme, a water tap emitting water that is not drinkable (i.e. the
stuff that remains for tagging when all taps with drinking water are tagged
differently) could get a tag like amenity=raw_water or industrial_water.

I would believe it is also highly unprobable that there will be a water tap
for sewage water (there might be closures / valves of course, but this will
likely not be something that we'll map, or if we did, it will be a subtag
in some wastewater treatment / sewage tagging system and not in amenity=*).

cheers,
Martin