[Tagging] Public lands with designated parking lots
emk.lists at randomhacks.net
Sun Oct 19 15:30:19 UTC 2014
I enjoy mapping nature reserves, large parks and trail systems. These
typically share a number of features:
- They're physically adjacent to several roads, but they're only
accessible from one or two.
- They typically have one or more official parking areas, with
information kiosks and trailheads.
- They almost never have official street numbers.
- They're often surrounded by poorly-surveyed, poorly-marked roads which
make manual navigation hazardous.
For several illustrated examples, please see the wiki:
In an ideal world, there would be some way to clearly indicate "This is an
official parking lot for accessing this area/POI/business/etc."
- amenity=parking with destination=*. This seems straightforward, but
it's rarely used.
- A relation linking the destination with its official parking lot(s).
More complicated, but it might handle other odd cases.
- Some way to associate a "preferred routing point" with an area (a bit
Does anybody have any suggestions? Are there existing conventions? Would
any OSM-based routing software be interested in delivering people to the
correct parking lot? Are there other related use cases?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tagging