[Tagging] cleanup of the key natural

Friedrich Volkmann bsd at volki.at
Mon Oct 20 17:13:30 UTC 2014

> I propose to put beach in landforms and cave in water-related. Also
> coastline could go into landforms. And moor into landforms. And mud in
> water-related. What about putting fell into landforms? ...

Most known caves are dry. I know because I have been in thousands of them.

As I already told you, I am unsure what's the correct generic term for full
forms, hollow moulds and flat forms. If you don't like "landform", you are
invited to come up with an alternative. But please don't take wikipedia as
your one and only reference.

> Our classification system is tags, and this is about
> the "natural" class. Putting the values of natural into arbitrary subclasses
> doesn't help anybody. IMHO.

Well, that may be your opinion, but when you look at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Map_features you'll find that quite a lot
of keys have subclasses defined, particularly when the keys have a large
number of values. I already mentioned shop=* as an example.