[Tagging] Pre-RFC: shop=mall versus shop=shopping_centre

John F. Eldredge john at jfeldredge.com
Tue Oct 21 03:29:48 UTC 2014

At least in the USA, mall usually refers to a group of stores around a pedestrian-only courtyard, often with a common roof over both the stores and the courtyard space, and sharing a common parking lot. Shopping center usually refers to a linear or C-shaped group of stores, with a common parking area but no pedestrian courtyard.