[Tagging] Pre-RFC: shop=mall versus shop=shopping_centre

johnw johnw at mac.com
Tue Oct 21 07:32:04 UTC 2014

The second is in no way, shape or form, a "mall", in the modern usage of "Mall' to define a shopping plaza destination.  The word mall can also define a pedestrian walkway with shops, But the singular noun of "Mall" - meaning a large pedestrian centric shopping plaza - is very different than 5 shops sharing a parking lot.

check the reply I was just writing.

if there currently is no discerning Paul's example #1 and #2, then we need to change the mall tag ASAP. Because that is totally mislabeling the stripmall / shopping_centre in example #2 - and really diluting the meaning of "mall" as it is commonly used in California and Japan.

javbw